Following in the footsteps of previous gas deregulation, retail electricity prices in South East Queensland were recently deregulated in July 2016, opening the doors for more competition among energy retailers in the Sunshine State.
This may mean customers benefit from lower electricity rates and discounts, along with a wider range of energy providers, plans and pricing structures to choose from.
If you’re ready to start saving on your electricity bill, Energy Watch can help you find the right plan for your lifestyle and budget.
When comparing different plans for your household or business, be sure to consider the following:
• Tariffs. What types of tariffs (pricing structures) are available? These may include:
o Single rate (electricity). The same rate is charged regardless of the time of day.
o Time-of-use rates (electricity). Rates that are divided into peak and non-peak usage charges.
o Controlled load rates (electricity). Rates that are tied to a specific appliance, such as a water heater.
o Seasonal rates (gas). Rates that change depending on the season.
• Rates. How much will you pay? Be sure to look at the variable and fixed (supply) charges for each provider you are comparing, as well as the peak, off-peak, and seasonal rates.
• Discounts. Does the retailer offer any discounts, such as for on-time payments or bundling, or first-time customer rebates?
• Payment. Does the provider offer a range of payment options to suit your lifestyle and budget?
• Smart metering. Can you get a smart meter for your home? This can help you better track your energy usage and keep tabs on your bill using your smart phone.
If you’re looking to reduce your energy bill, now is a good time to check what you’re paying and compare it to what’s on offer.
Energy Watch makes it easy to quickly compare offers from Australia’s leading energy providers, potentially saving you a bundle and best of all, it’s free!
If you’re in the market for a better energy deal in South East Queensland, start comparing offers now. Or call us on 13 92 82 and we’ll help you find a great plan at a price that works for you.