There’s a wide range of choice when it comes to choosing an energy retailer in New South Wales.
Thanks to electricity deregulation in ‘The Premier State’, customers are benefiting from a greater selection of retailers and lower rates. With so many options available, here’s how to choose the right plan for your needs.
In July 2014, the Government removed price regulation in the retail electricity market, opening the doors for more electricity providers to enter the market in NSW.
The good news is, more competition means more choices and potential savings as retailers compete for business.
As in most states, different pricing structures (tariffs) can impact how much you pay for electricity in NSW. These pricing structures will vary depending on where you live, the electricity retailers available in your area (metro vs regional), your plan’s available discounts, concessions and solar feed-in tariffs, and whether you have a smart meter.
Energy Watch makes it easy to compare different energy providers in NSW. When looking for a plan to suit your needs, be sure to consider:
• Plans. Do you want a standard or market contract? With a market contract, rates are set by the retailer and may have promotional features such as discounts or credits.
• Pricing. What are the variable usage and fixed supply charges?
• Discounts. What discounts are available and what do you need to do to be eligible for them?
• Payment. How often will you be billed and what are your payment options? Is there a pre-payment required?
• Fees. Are there any connection, disconnection and exit fees?
If you haven’t reviewed your electricity bill in a while, now is a good time to see what’s available, to make sure you’re on a plan that suits your budget.
By taking the time to compare different energy plans, you could potentially save on your energy bill every year.
If you’re in the market for a better deal on energy in NSW, compare offers from some of Australia’s leading energy providers. Or call us on 13 92 82, to find a great electricity and gas plan with the features you want and rates you can afford. Best of all, you won’t pay a cent for our service.